The property is situated in Threlkeld, a village just three miles from Keswick…
About the accommodation
Heather View is being refurbished. We will be having a new kitchen, with fridge freezer, dishwasher. The old fire place is being ripped out and a wood burning stove put in with a slate hearth and an oak beam above the fire place. All bedroom furniture is being replaced and all the rooms decorated. Outside we will be putting a patio area outside in the garden with new patio furniture. We will reopen on the 28th March 2015.
We will also have WiFi
The property is situated in Threlkeld Village just three miles from Keswick. Threlkeld is located at the foot of Blencathra looking towards St John's in the Vale. Positioned just off the A66 and fifteen minutes drive from J40 of the M6, this is an ideal base for not only exploring the Lake District but also for days out to the Eden Valley and Carlisle.
The village has two pubs and also one at Scales nearby were you can enjoy a drink or a traditional pub meal. Other amenities include a Post Office and newsagents, along with a children's playground.
Heather View is a great base for those who enjoy walking where you can walk out of the garden straight onto the fells. In fact there are plenty of opportunities for walking from ascents up Blencathra and Skiddaw to lovely low level and riverside walks the village is also an ideal base for all types of Leisure activities including golf with Keswick Golf Club nearby, along with water sports at Ullswater and Derwentwater which are both easily accessible.
• lounge - cosy room with welcoming open fire (logs not supplied), views to nearby Blencathra, colour television, DVD player and C/D stereo.
• Dining room - with table and chairs, this can easily seat up to six guests.
• Kitchen with limed oak kitchen units, views over the garden to Clough Head, electric cooker, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer and microwave
• Bathroom. - fully tiled bathroom with shower attachment, bath, hand basin and WC.
• Bedroom one - double bedroom with en--suite shower room, hand basin and WC.
• Bedroom two - double with a view to Mell Fell
• Bedroom three - twin bedroom with views to Blencathra
Outside: Utility room with chest freezer and a place to do the laundry and hang wet coats, benefitting from a sheltered garden to the side bordered by a stream and south-facing with lawned garden to the rear with superb open views, ample private parking.
Additional information: All electric, fuel and bed linen included, Cot & high chair available. Accommodation is heated by central heating
Threlkeld is on the route of the popular Coast to Coast (C2C) cycling route from Workington to Sunderland. You can also walk or cycle along the former railway line from Threlkeld into Keswick.
Additional information: Pub distance - 20 yards; Railway Station at Penrith - 15 miles; Nearest town is Keswick - 4 miles; Nearest lake is Derwentwater - 4.5 miles; Nearest restaurant distance - 4 miles
Please feel free to contact me on 017687 77025 ask for Joan